Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Resigning from the Herd

Feeling different amid feeling distinctly better,
I turned that page and I’m seeing it much simpler.
This grasping gallantly at my individuality,
Animates a latent spirituality.

The corner of your universe you can focus on improving,
is to be a better you and to never stop touching -
- the walls of your world moreover making the best of,
such a sincere existence while forgetting all the drivel rest-of.

Few have frankly exhibited being a true individual,
But seeing it happen makes me less deplorable –
- Of the world I might worry to expound myself honestly in,
And the bliss of the light inside me becomes free of chagrin.

Your revered rhythm is a demonstration and a performance to bestow,
If you listen to it contentedly you will grow and you will know -
That a man is a force and his energy is rife,
When he resigns from the herd and he thinks for himself.

Total character and distinguishing an individual
Brings you back to a knowing and a growing spiritual,
You might have to be bold and wake some people up –
- But knowing that you can’t please all of the people all of the time...
Will be the biggest gift you give yourself and the ultimate leg up.

© Dylan Balkind 2008

1 comment:

Dominique Masson said...

Hey! I love reading your blog Dylan! You have such a unique way of expressing yourself. Awesome!