Friday, July 25, 2008

Poppy Time


There’s a lot to be said for pure intention and the price of time,
and knowing that time you enjoyed wasting is not the same as wasted time¹.
It’s as important as trying to live your life without sin,
as is the important sense of pride that comes from being believed in.

Calmly setting free the impact of this much energy,
is something I’m still learning and can’t say when I’ll be ready -
- to understand averages and probability,
being the result of rejection, dejection and transformability.

Fragile cups filled with magical thoughts and a priceless soup,
both wonderful and poisonous in a left-brain/right-brain power struggle coup.
Knowing when we’ve let the bad stuff out, hurting someone along the way,
and having to have faith in the blessing of a brand new day.

I just want my life rhythm to be like exclamation points,
and to be fully lived, in every muscle and all my joints.
And although we want life to exist in a field of poppy’s and sunshine rays,
the bigger lessons might be learned in the shadows of abandoned alley ways.

It’s hard to be dedicated to enjoying every moment of every day,
and the shit that life throws at us is the heavy price we pay -
- for forgetting why and what it is we are here to do,
and trust me, when I find out, I will tell you.

Still I run in a field of poppy’s and sunshine rays,
and I’m determined to stay happy, in so many ways.
Slowly learning pure intention and the price of wasted time,
but I know that time I enjoy wasting it not the same as wasting time!

© Dylan Balkind 2008


¹ Ref: TS Elliot

1 comment:

Dominique Masson said...

Oy vey. I am becomming a DBK stalker. That poem was awesome! You, Dylan, have such a way of expressing thought. Funny that only in Bloggerville have I begun to see the person behind the person. No no, the person that is the person!