Monday, June 30, 2008

Rhymes

If only could stop writing in rhyme, I might say - -

Things have been hard but not as hard as they could have been,
They’ve been all things all encompassing and always interesting,
They’ve been big things and small things and things wonderful.
They’ve been sometimes selfish and sometimes plentiful

They’ve made me sad and want to die,
And sometimes they made me satisfied with a big cry.

They’ve made me generous and selfish and caring again.
Never without a race I thought I could win.
It has been haunting it has been surreal and it has been true
And sitting here I see the mirror and finally feel “I know you”.

So nothing regretted some hated some loved,
We’re all fully aware life is not a clean white dove.
But happy now and calmer inside,
And more satisfied with the bumpy ride.

If only I could stop writing in rhyme…
I’d be different and this life wouldn’t be quite mine.


© Dylan Balkind 2008




No comments: