Monday, September 1, 2008

Écouter / Myself


Tomorrow I get up and go at it again,
wanting it and summoning the courage to let the new in.

Running again but not on the path of least resistance,
nor succumbing to failure along the path of least persistence.

I remember you like it was yesterday, coming in from the cold,
you drove it home and personified ‘fortune favouring the bold.’
Watching you do it is an easy-to-grasp sense of bliss,
never willing to lose, even sixty seconds of happiness.

Scared inside but brave while looking out,
we’re stronger when friends help us ditch our debilitating doubt.
Tomorrow I get up, try, and go at it again,
believing, wanting, and summoning the courage to let the light in.

What makes you stay and love endlessly?
Knowing you knowing me, tirelessly and so touchingly.
Courage is being afraid but going on anyhow,
no matter how simple or staggeringly high brow.

Walk like the sun is your spotlight, and let the light shine in,*
more powerful than the will to win, is having the will to begin.**
I know some things are fairy dust and other things are just a myth,
but I know that grasping and living happiness, is also having someone to do it with.

Ambition is something you want to hold on to for longer than long,
And something you pine for, drunkenly when it is gone.
But having friends to kick it with and remind you how,
Is the greatest display of fireworks I’ve seen until now.

My belief in me and my hunger has returned,
so tomorrow I go at it again, even though I might get burned.
Believing and summoning the courage to let a new light in,
because more powerful than the will to win, is having the will to begin.


© Dylan Balkind 2008


* Merran Williamson
** Unknown Author

No comments: